Boston’s Best Holiday Race in our 25th year!
Thanks to all 2019 Walter’s Run racers, volunteers, sponsors and spectators!
Registration & Packet Pickup
- Register now!
- Online registration closes Saturday 12/8 at 5pm.
- Pre-Registered runners:
Pick up your bib number and swag (if you registered in time!) starting at 9:30am on race day at The Irish Social Club
- See the list of pre-registered runners. (note – this list is delayed for paper registrations)
- Race proceeds donated to three local charitable organizations
Race Day Registration and Pre/Post Race Festivities
- Race day registration:
9:30am – 10:45am at The Irish Social Club
- Pre/post race festivities:
All at the Irish Social Club, 119 Park Street in West Roxbury, just a block from the race start/finish.
- Raffles: Remember to bring a few $$ to enter our raffles.
- Volunteers: more info here
- Our Race Day Logistics page will keep you up to date!
The Best Runner Goodies Around!
- Winter running hat for early pre-registered 5k runners.
- TONS of refreshments
- Silent auction, raffle prizes and giveaways.
- Remember to bring a few $$ to enter our raffles
- 5k Start/Finish:
Parkway Community YMCA, Bellevue St., West Roxbury map it!
- 5k Start time:
11 am toes on the start line
- Rolling course thru the West Roxbury neighborhood of Boston.
- Chip timing, water stops
- Family friendly!
- Lots of volunteers on the course directing and cheering.
Little Kids’ Fun Run
- Kids’ Fun Run is on Bellevue Street, start time at 10:15am.
- The Kids’ Fun Run is free but registration is required. Parents – please pre-register all kids.
- Race day registration for the Kids’ fun run is available at Irish Social Club ONLY
- Follow Paulie the Penguin to the race start!
- The first 75 pre-registered kids receive a Walter’s Fun Run t-shirt (Thanks Parkway Community YMCA!)
- Hot chocolate, ribbons and candy canes to all Kids’ Fun Run participants. Kid friendly pre and post race festivities.
Parking and Directions
- Parking: Free and easy local parking is available on the surrounding streets and municipal lots. You may also park in local lots of businesses that are closed on Sundays.
- Directions – click for more info and maps.
- Post Race Festivities: The Irish Social Club 119 Park Street in West Roxbury, just a block from the race start/finish.
- Raffle sales end at 11am. Silent auction continues until noon.
- Awards: winners are announced at 11:45am